Top 5 Questions about Cycle Pub:
1. What are the minimum & maximum number of riders per bike? Does Cycle Pub mix and match groups to fill up a bike for a tour?
Big Bike = 8 Minimum / Maximum 14 riders Small Bike = 4 Minimum / Maximum 6 riders
Sorry, but we do not mix and match groups together on our Big Bike because all of our tours are booked as private tours. We tried a per seat ticket option in the past but currently only offer private group tours on our Big Bike. If your groups is on the smaller size you can always book one of our Small Bike tours for 4 to 6 guests for a fast paced sightseeing lap around town.
2. Is beer,cider, and wine legal on the Cycle Pub?
Yes, although there are some very strict laws and rules we are obligated to enforce.Cycle Pub’s unique permit allows groups to enjoy beer, wine or cider while in motion aboard our bikes but there are some very strict laws and rules we are obligated to enforce. If any guests on your tour are NOT 21 years of age then alcohol service aboard our bike is Prohibited. If all guests on your tour are of legal age then BYO beer, cider, and wine service aboard our bike may be enjoyed. Individual cans or bottles are NOT allowed so all beverage service is enjoyed via growler(s) / wine bottle(s) supplied by your group.
YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN EMPTY GROWLERS TO UTILIZE ON YOUR TOUR AND CAN FILL THEM UP AT YOUR FIRST STOP OR YOU CAN PURCHASE GROWLERS AT OUR TOUR CENTER OR AT ANY OF THE STOPS ON YOUR TOUR THAT OFFER THEM FOR PURCHASE. Please remember that alcohol MAY NOT leave the bike at any time, and cannot pass from any premises we stop at to our bike unless in growler(s) or wine bottle(s) that are properly purchased,sealed, and stowed.
The limit on exactly how much alcohol is allowed on our bikes at any given time depends on which bike you are touring on and sorry but substitutions are not allowed, if you skip the wine you may not bring extra growlers of beer/cider instead.
–Big Bike allows for a maximum of TWO 64 oz growlers of beer/cider as well as TWO 750ml sized bottles of wine. Your growlers can be filled at your first stop and restocked while out on tour but the total number of growlers/wine bottles allowed aboard our Big Bike at any time is capped at 4 items.
–Small Bike allows for a maximum of ONE 64 oz growler of beer/cider as well as ONE 750ml sized bottle of wine. Your growlers can be filled at your first stop and restocked while out on tour but the total number of growler/wine bottles allowed aboard our Small Bike at any time is capped at 2 items..
3. Can we choose our stops?
The best way to enjoy a Cycle Pub outing is to plan your trip on the fly with your guide as your tour rolls out. All tours make one stop at Silver Moon Brewing, as a way to thank them for their sponsorship and then hit the open road enjoying a lap around Bend. Some stop options work great to send in a scout team for growler while other stops are the perfect fit after pumping hard on the pedals to grab snacks and quiet down your group’s grumbling tummies. Check with your guide about what options are available the day of your tour.
4. What food & drink can we bring aboard?
Beer,cider,and wine are allowed on our bikes if all guests are over 21 years of age, but hard alcohol is prohibited at all times. The ONLY form of packaging allowed for beer or cider is 64oz. steel or glass growlers and traditional 750ml bottles are allowed for wine service. Individual cans and bottles of are prohibited. Water and other refreshments are always encouraged but please bring containers that are not glass or other breakable materials. Snacks are a great way to power up your group but remember to keep them mobile friendly. You can pack a picnic to enjoy along the way or grab some tasty to-go on the fly from The Lot or other restaurants on our routes.
5. Does “anything go” on the Cycle Pub?
As you probably already guessed…Absolutely not! The Cycle Pub offers a fun and novel approach to touring Bend, highlighting the Bend Ale Trail and some of the country’s very best breweries.restaurants,shops,sights and more. You should act with the same level of civility on our bikes as you would when simply enjoying a pint with family and friends at a nice pub or restaurant. Please, respect your guide, our bike, and the City of Bend because groups that do not will have their tour immediately terminated without refund.
If you have more questions regarding tour rules and safety, give us a call before your tour or check in with your guide before climbing aboard.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a Cycle Pub tour, where do we go, and what do we do?
- Cycle Pub is a unique touring vehicle that offers a memorable lap around town to enjoy the sights and sounds of Bend along our pre-determined routes. All tours are professionally guided to help your group enjoy their moments in motion. Groups do not have to be in to beer, wine or cider to enjoy the fun aboard Cycle Pub, there are tons of sights to see and places to stop along our routes that are family friendly too!
Where do I start and end my Cycle Pub tour?
- Cycle Pub is excited to be partnered with The Bend Tour Company to launch outings from our new tour center at the 100 year old Box Factory. Conveniently located between Downtown Bend and the Old Mill District our tour center is easy to find at:
- 550 SW Industrial Way Suite 125 Bend Oregon 97702.
- Be sure to safely transport your Cycle Pub pedaling crew back & forth to our tour center! Set up your pre/post tour transportation through our preferred provider Sunriver Towncar. Their stylish and comfortable rigs easily handle larger groups and smaller crews too!
**Please remember to have your group arrive for final tour check in no less than 10 to 15 mins prior to your tour time to be sure your tour heads out in a timely fashion.
What happens if our group is larger than the Big Bike max rider count of 14 people?
- While our Big Bike is pretty darn big we realize that sometimes headcounts grow larger than our Big Bike’s maximum guest capacity of 14 riders. When this happens we receive the common request to still have a group ride all together by combining multiple reservations together. Unfortunately, many of the establishments Cycle Pub might visit while out on tour are already extremely crowded and not suited for the fast influx of an extra large group that tours combining multiple vehicles brings so we DO NOT OFFER COMBINING ANY TOUR TIMES TOGETHER. ALL TOUR TIMES ARE LOCKED IN ON OUR SCHEDULE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO SHUFFLE LAUNCH TIMES AROUND TO OFFER SIMULTANEOUS LAUNCHING OF TOURS.
At certain times in our season we might have a second Bike Big available to book so nobody misses out on the fun. HOWEVER, WE ARE SORRY TO REPORT THAT ALL OF OUR BIG BIKE TOUR TIMES ARE LOCKED IN ON OUR SCHEDULE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO SHUFFLE LAUNCH TIMES AROUND TO OFFER SIMULTANEOUS LAUNCHING OF TWO BIG BIKE TOURS. THERE IS ALWAYS A 30 MINUTE BUFFER BETWEEN BIG BIKE TOUR LAUNCHES. These staggered launch times help to keep traffic flowing on the streets of Bend and also help to keep the lines down at the pubs and spots we go to since the establishments we visit cannot accommodate 28 guests arriving all at once.
Larger groups are welcome to spread their party out over various bikes if needed but please remember that the launch times will always be staggered. We love that you want everyone to be part of your pedaling crew and greatly appreciate you understanding that sometimes there are limits to what we can offer larger groups touring with us in order to prioritize safety concerns while balancing community impact issues.
Do you offer any type of wait list option for tour times that are already booked?
- Sorry, we do not offer any type of wait-list option for tour times that are already booked. Since many times the plans of other groups might change and they reschedule or cancel a booked tour time, you can always check our real-time booking calendar online to see if the tour time you prefer has freed up for your group to swap to.
Is transportation back & forth to tour Cycle Pub's launch site included with the tour?
- Transportation to/from Cycle Pub’s tour launch site at The Bend Tour Company’s tour center in NOT included but you can easily set up pre/post tour transport through our preferred provider Sunriver Towncar. Their stylish & comfortable rigs easily handle larger groups or smaller crews too! Reach out to them directly to make your reservation or to receive a quote for services from anywhere in Central Oregon.
Do we need to craft an itinerary before arriving for our tour?
Nope,..We supply a guide so you don’t have to worry much about making plans or plotting courses around Bend. When you check in for the tour your guide will help customize a fun plan to rally your group around. We find the best tours tend to keep their group on the move to enjoy the time on our bike between stops.
Should we tip our driver?
- That’s up to you, but we have heard the saying… “If you enjoyed your ride, be sure to TIP your guide!”
Is there music on the bike, and can we bring a phone or iPod with a playlist?
- Your guide will supply an ambient soundtrack for your group to enjoy while touring around town but if someone from your group would like to DJ your mobile moments then we reserve a seat just for them. As long as your DJ keeps the tracks community friendly they can let the grooves flow! (Please remember some of our later scheduled tours may require some sound level adjustments in order to enjoy the evening hours on the road.)
Are kegs allowed on board?
- No, it’s simply too much beer on board at once for the type of outings we offer. All beverage service is supplied via classic 64oz. growler(s) or traditional 750ml wine bottle(s). Our 8-14 passenger Big Bike Cycle Pub tours are allowed to bring aboard a maximum of 2 growlers of beer/cider plus 2 bottles of wine at any given time. Small Bike tours may bring aboard a maximum of 1 growler of beer/cider and 1 bottle of wine at any time. Growlers can be filled at your first stop and these items may be replenished along your tour at appropriate stops as possible.
Do all riders need to be over 21 years of age?
- If any alcohol is on board, then yes, all guests must be 21 or older and will be id checked before departure The bikes are family friendly for kids 12 years old or older (OR helmet laws apply) and appropriate stop options can certainly be accommodated with a mixed aged group.
Can I just jump on when I see the Cycle Pub rolling by?
- Sorry, but for obvious safety reasons the answer is NO. Our bikes are reserved as private group tours and we do not offer per seat ticket options or any hop on hop off style outings We currently do not mix and match seats on our larger Big Bike Cycle Pub but our Small Bike is a great fit for smaller groups and can be powered by as few as 4 guests and holds a maximum of 6 guests. The same tour rules and options apply on our Small Bike as on our Big Bike.
What hours does the Cycle Pub run?
- If Central Oregon weather allows us to hit the road then Big Bike and Small Bike tours are offered 7 days a week year round. To check available tour times simply begin making a booking to launch our online calendar. If you would like to book a tour within 24 hours of a scheduled launch time you can email us at email@example.com, call us at 541-678-5051 or catch us at our tour center to see if we can accommodate your request.
Can you just pick us up at our hotel, or favorite brewery?
- No, since the our bikes are crazy heavy contraptions we just can’t move them around without you and the horsepower provided by your group. We can always refer you over to one of many of the transportation providers serving Central Oregon to set up shuttle service for your group with.
What should I bring for my tour?
- Cycle Pub provides your guide, your touring contraption and the slew of jokes and fun facts while your group supplies the pedal power any mobile-friendly food you might want to power up your group and any beverages you might like to enjoy on tour. Our larger Cycle Pub has ample overhead storage for purses,backpacks, and more but storage on our smaller Cycle ‘Round is very limited.
- Also remember:
- -Cups if not investing in Cycle Pub Silipints
- -Appropriate footwear (flip-flops or high heels might kinda work but are not always the best option!)
- -Water or other hydrating drinks
- -Phone or action camera
- -Your “game face” for uphills
- -Your smile for the downhills
- -A drive to enjoy the best way to experience Bend!
Can I bring party favors?
- You are more than welcome to bring community friendly party favors but NO CONFETTI / CONFETTI CANNONS or messy party supplies..etc to avoid leaving a mess around Bend. Also, all decisions made by your guide when making the call if certain decorations will or will not be allowed in regards to community standards, safety or sight line issues are final!
Can a group of 8 or less still go on the bigger Cycle Pub?
- Sorry, because all tours are booked as a private tour a smaller group can not join on our bigger 8-14 rider Cycle Pub . However, our Small Bike can be powered by as few as 4 guests and holds a maximum of 6 guests, which is a great fit for up to 6 riders total.
How do I book and pay for a tour?
- Click on any “Book” button and navigate to the date /time you would like to book a tour. Once you pick your tour date/time, fill in your personal and payment details to head to checkout. Please be aware that our reservation system does not allow for partial payments and will charge your purchasing card the full amount at checkout and your payment in full is the deposit for your reservation. Please refer to our cancellation policy for more information on how refunds are processed when applicable.
What is the cancellation policy?
- – You may choose to move your booking and deposit to a future date/time with notice of 7 days or more.
- – You may cancel your tour 7 days or more from your scheduled date/time and receive a full refund of your payment/deposit.
- – If you cancel your tour within 7 days of your scheduled date/time please note that fifty percent of the original tour cost will be forfeited.
- – If you cancel your tour within 24 hours of your scheduled tour time, or are a no show at the time of your tour, please note that one hundred percent of the original tour cost will be forfeited, as we will have lost the opportunity to book another tour in your place.
- – If your tour is canceled by Cycle Pub for weather related, or any safety related reasons, then you are entitled to a credit in our system to rebook a tour in the future or a full refund back to your original payment credit card.
- –Any tour canceled by Cycle Pub for violations related to our “Zero Tolerance” policy will not be refunded.If you have additional questions please about our rules or policies, please contact us at tours@CyclePub.com.